9 tips for spring cleaning your carMay 30, 2017
How to clean different types of car seats?July 28, 2017
There are some instances where mobile car valeting isn’t an option and you really need to clean your vehicle quickly before taking off with it. For example, your friend’s car has broken down on the highway and they are asking for your help. Or it could be that your family’s vehicle has got its battery dead and now it is up to you to provide transport.
It is all fine, until the moment you realise that your car is in a state of mess. You don’t remember the last time you took it to the wash or the last time you deal with any cleaning chore inside. Fear not, because there is actually a speedway to clean the car in about 15 minutes. That is all the time you need to get some semblance of a clean car interior. Just follow these steps and allocate 1 or 2 minutes for each:
- De-clutter and set for cup holders cleaning – before you get on the cleaning action, you must first ensure that your car interior is free of clutter. Take a small bin or a trash bag and throw everything that doesn’t belong there – you should dispose empty water bottles under the seats, chocolate wraps immediately. If you have children, see that every single toy or another item that belongs to them is removed from the vehicle. Next, spritz the inside of the cup holders with a glass cleaner and let them sit for now.
- Wipe the interior – grab some car cleaning wipes and use them to clean the dashboard, inside door pockets, centre console, steering wheel, and shaft. If your car has AC, treat the vents with some air-conditioner treatment.
- Clean leather seats – while you are still holding the wipes, you can use them to give a quick wipe on the leather seats. If your car upholstery is not leather, you can wait with cleaning, as it will be vacuumed later.
- Clean hard-to-reach areas next – passing a third of your allowed time of 15 minutes, you can get a wet wipe and wrap it around the end of a flat-head screwdriver. Run that along nooks and crannies and all of the hard to reach areas like the air vents, switches, buttons and other elements on the dashboard. Remember that cleaner you spritzed during the first step? Now is the time to wipe it with a paper towel.
- Clean the windows – spray some window cleaner on a paper towel and clean all of the windows. Don’t forget about the sunroof and rear window.
- Clean floor mats – take the floor mats outside and give them a good beating to discharge the accumulated dust inside them. It is quick and does the job fairly well. Once you have done that, you can lay the mats outside of your vehicle and vacuum them. Move on to vacuuming the upholstery plus foot wells. To do the job right, shift the seats back and then forward, to make sure every spot is dust-free. This step of the process should take you about 4 to 5 minutes.
By strictly following this guide, you can clean your car in about 15 minutes, without having to call a mobile car valeting service. Sure, the outcome will hardly be as good, but at least you will have a clean vehicle quickly.
Copyright @ Fast Car Mobile Valeting