6 tips to help you keep the car clean with children onboardOctober 24, 2017
5 tips to keep your vehicle in good conditionJanuary 10, 2018
Autumn presents an essential time of the year when you need to pay attention to your vehicle. With winter knocking on the door and colder weather soon to hit, you will want to make sure your car is prepared for it. Mobile car valeting is nice and all, but there is more than that you need to look.
Following is a list of several things you need to inspect before calling your car ready for the chilly weather down the road:
- Inspect the engine – as you begin your inspection of the vehicle, it is preferable to start with the engine. After all, this is the most important component of the car. A lot of things contribute to the proper work of the engine: antifreeze, oil, belts and various hoses should be kept at sufficient level and in top condition. Do not go long before changing the oil, as it will render the work of the engine ineffective. Depending on the type of antifreeze used, you can probably change it every 2 to 5 years. If you are not sure whether it needs to be changed, consult with a mechanic. While you are at it, have them check the belts for stress and hoses for any leaks.
- Inspect the battery – batteries not having enough power to start the car is one of the most common problems that you can ever encounter. 4 and 5-year-old batteries are far more susceptible to cold weather. You can tell that is going to be the case if you have ever had trouble starting the car even in warm weather. While it is best to replace an old battery with new, you can further acquire peace of mind by carrying around jumper cables.
- Replace the air filter – the summer might not have been easy on the air filter of the car. Pollen, dust and other particles have surely accumulated all summer long. And they could decrease airflow, but also limit horsepower and engine performance. Now is the time to give your vehicle a breath of fresh air. Thankfully, replacing the air filter is easy, as it needs no tools. You need no mechanics or mobile car valeting experts to do it. You can do it on your own in less than 30 minutes.
- Check the tyres – you must invest some autumn attention must in the tyres. Inspect them to make sure they are inflated enough to meet the requirements of wet traction. If you expect to drive through snow, you will require snow tyres or even chains in more severe conditions. It is best to avoid driving in bad weather conditions that involve snow, but if you must, then be prepared.
- Check washer fluid and wiper blades – wiper blades are good for about two years, after which period they should be replaced. While you are tending to the wipers, make sure you also stack on washer fluid. It tends to run low with all of the autumn grime and dirt on the roads.
Remember to pay some care and attention to your vehicle. It is the only way to ensure it is ready to face the challenges of autumn. Do not forget to keep it clean and you will surely enjoy driving a lot more.
© Fast Car Mobile Valeting