Challenging stains that can ruin the interior of your carAugust 15, 2018
What are the pros and cons of rainwater washing your car?October 24, 2018
If you wish to keep your car clean and tidy at all times, you must invest the effort. You can take it to the wash or even contact mobile car valeting services, but it is you that will have to invest frequent effort to clean the vehicle.
One of the tasks you need to pay the most attention to is vacuuming. Dust particles, dirt and other debris from the outside will end up on the fabrics, no matter how careful you are. By giving the interior a good vacuuming, you can get rid of the unwanted particles in the car.
To vacuum thoroughly, you need only follow these simple tips:
- Acquire the right tools – to do a good job at vacuuming, you need a little more than an appropriate vacuum cleaner. That is just the start. You should also acquire the right kind of attachments to get the dust off upholstery and small nooks and crannies. A few brushes will also help you in this task.
- Consider a handheld vacuum – while it is true that handheld vacuum cleaners aren’t the most powerful ones out there, they are very convenient for cleaning your car. You don’t have much space to navigate, so it is a good idea to get one of these for the job.
- Clear the clutter – to vacuum efficiently, you need to empty the vehicle from all clutter. Remove personal items and trash that you have not disposed of earlier. It will open up space for you to work with the vacuum cleaner.
- Deal with loose dirt – before addressing the fine details, vacuum the seats and floors with the vacuum cleaner to remove loose dirt and dust.
- Use a brush for dirt in the fibres – when you are done vacuuming the surface, you shouldn’t relax just yet. Although the interior of the car may look clean, there is still a lot of dust within the fibres. To deal with that, you should use a stiff brush.
- Clear the vents – as for dust that hides in the vents and other tight spots, you can resort to a soft bristle brush. Move it around all tight seams, as that is where dust is likely to accumulate.
- Freshen the carpets – often the carpet of the car may develop unpleasant odours. One way to combat that is by sprinkling some baking soda before vacuuming. The absorbent qualities of this eco-friendly product will remove the unpleasant odours. Add a drop of essential to deodorise your vehicle.
- Don’t forget the hidden areas – one possible mistake you can make when vacuuming is to forget about the hidden areas. Just because you don’t see them doesn’t mean they don’t accumulate dust. Such areas are under the seats and the seat folds. Make sure you move the seats and rest their fold to expose the hidden areas to vacuum them.
Now that you know how to vacuum your vehicle better, you can bet it will be nicer to drive, with less dust and other annoying allergens to bother you.
© Fast Car Mobile Valeting