6 tips for keeping your car clean during a road tripAugust 22, 2017
6 tips to help you keep the car clean with children onboardOctober 24, 2017
If you put a lot of effort into looking your best, you need to understand that it is just wrong if your car doesn’t match that. You will immediately ruin the good impression of yourself by arriving in a dirty car. The best way to ensure that it is in top shape is to hire mobile car valeting services.
Of course, you can also do the job yourself and give your car a proper wash. To ensure a good outcome, you have to understand what it takes to clean it properly. Contrary to popular belief, it takes a little care and attention to car washing.
Here are some of the do’s and don’ts of car washing you should keep in mind:
- Don’t scratch the paint – the threat of scratching the paint is real if you are not careful. For example, you should remove any jewellery and clothes with metal buttons and zippers on them. Anything metal you have on yourself should be removed before the wash.
- Address stains and spills immediately – let’s face it: you will not always have the time and the resources to perform a thorough clean. Sometimes you will have to do it on the spot. For example, if your car acquires a bird dropping stain, it is best to deal with it immediately. One solution you can use is diluted baby shampoo. It is gentle enough on the paint and will quickly break down any nasty stain. However, don’t let it stay on the car for too long. Rinse it off immediately.
- Don’t use whatever product you have – baby shampoo might be okay to use occasionally, but do not resort to any untested cleaners. Many people like to use dish washing liquid, but that is just not right for the car paint. You need to make the most of using other car cleaning products, not just to get the shine back, but also to ensure nothing bad happens to your paint.
- Do apply a wheel cleaner before working the rest of the car – the main idea behind using the wheel cleaner so early is to give it enough time to work. It is ideal to mist it all over the wheels, instead of spraying it, as that gives it larger coverage. The goal is to loosen brake dust and wheel crud, as these spoils are tougher than dust and dirt. Applying it first and giving it enough time to work ensures it will get the job done.
- Don’t forget to dry the car – once you are done washing the vehicle, it is time to dry it. Don’t just let it dry on its own since it will leave streaks, nullifying your efforts. Instead, grab a soft microfiber towel and gently wipe the water off the exterior.
By paying more attention to these dos and don’ts, you can be sure that you can wash your car like a mobile car valeting pro.
© Fast Car Mobile Valeting